Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2005

the first day of the rest of my life

I say I'm in publishing, but really that is only going to last another week, at which time I am spreading my wings and flying home to my parents to take up residence while attempting to launch my own business. They graciously offered not to charge a deposit for either me or my dog, Zoe. The pros of this new residence: zero rent. The cons? Living 30 minutes from a decent convenience store.

I think Zoe will be much more excited than I am to live in the country where she can chase squirrels (her current passion) to her heart's content. I'm more of a suburban/edge-of-the-city kind of girl. I'm close enough to malls, but far enough away from excessive smog. Just right.

But I love my family, and I do get inspiration from the lovely mountain view. What is it about some classic Appalachian mist that brings such mystery and romance to the sight of a million trees on a big pile of rock and dirt?

Anyway, I'm rambling. From here on out, I will be recording a journal of sorts of my business. Now it is just a dream and lot of determination. Soon it will be a sheet of paper in public records. Then, it will actually begin to grow!

So this is it, the first day of the rest of my life. Wish me well.

1 comment:

Blue944 said...

Remember the three P's...Perseverance, Persistence and Preparedness...Best of luck to you and Zoe.