Pages

Friday, March 25, 2005

Can you say, "overwhelmed"?

Well, for some reason I've written about three posts that Blogger hasn't published. I hope this one gets through.

So much has happened. In chronological order, give or take a few days:

1. I turned in my keys and gate entrance card to my apartment. The move-out is official. By March 31, my prior address will be a thing of the past, and within two weeks I somehow have to pay them $150 towards what I owe them for breaking my lease.

2. Just as I'm driving the 5+ hours home with the last of my things, my parents tell me their house is now under contract to be sold in May, and my dad did not get the job he interviewed for in hopes of moving closer to where my brother lives and were I lived about 30 minutes from after graduating college. This means . . .

3. In two weeks, we have to find a house to live in. As long as nobody puts an offer in over Easter weekend, I think we've found the perfect place.

4. But that still leaves me nervously approaching the last few dollars in my checking account, with no income in sight. The IRS owes me big time, but I need to wait at least two more weeks for my refund check. I don't know which bills I can pay before then!

5. I got turned down for a job typing bills for a trucking company from 6 p.m. - 2:30 a.m. I guess I wasn't enthusiastic enough when I filled in my answer for the question: "Why do you want to work at _____________?" I put: "So I can earn a steady income while pursuing my goals." *Buzzzzz* Wrong answer! So much for being honest. I have a resume in at a furniture manufacturer for a graphic design job they listed. I don't have enough experience according to their add, but it doesn't hurt to apply anyway. I'll see how that works out. If it doesn't, I guess I'll apply at Cracker Barrel. I've done it and hated it before, but at least I can recite their motto "Pleasing People".

6. I keep searching the internet, lazing about, and doodling card ideas in my red sketchbook. I'm also addicted to logging on to Paperpreneurs.com for the latest buzz.

7. My soul is wilting from lack of nourishment. I've neglected reading the most important book in my life: the Bible. My prayers have been reduced to desperate pleas for help, and I no longer have a church to call my home. I've got to turn this spiritual slump around and find a good church to attend before I lose my sanity! Thank God He's in control. If it weren't for the faith I have placed in Jesus, and my unwavering belief that He has a reason for all this (trust me--I know. It's the story of my life!) I don't know how I'd make it through.

Sorry—long post, I know.

Until the next (and cheerier!) post,

No comments: