You know? Fight or flight? What they don't tell you about is the third survival instinct: freeze. That's what I do best. Like a deer caught in the headlights, I stare in shock at the big event, dillema, or opportunity bearing down on me, and it becomes my downfall.
I am fighting my inner freeze with everything I've got right now. It's like having daily--even hourly--pep talks with myself. I can do it. I can do it. I will do it.
- I will find a job in the next 4 weeks
- I will choose a paint color for my new bedroom (and the rest of the house)
- I will call friends and let them know what's going on
- I will take the time to sit down and talk with my mom about our business ideas
- I will then do the business ideas, even in the midst of the move
- I will keep promises to friends and family
- I will pack only what is necessary for the move
- I will coordinate setting up utilities, forwarding mail, deep-cleaning the house, and finding a good doctor/vet/beautician
- I will have fun planning a house-warming party
- I will not panic!