Pages

Monday, May 29, 2006

getting past myself

As always, I'm great on dreaming, pretty good on planning, and horrible on actually doing. Not because I don't care (quite the opposite!), but possibly because I care so much that I become scared of the enormity of whatever I'm seeting out to do and ... well ... I never get passed that.

You know? Fight or flight? What they don't tell you about is the third survival instinct: freeze. That's what I do best. Like a deer caught in the headlights, I stare in shock at the big event, dillema, or opportunity bearing down on me, and it becomes my downfall.

I am fighting my inner freeze with everything I've got right now. It's like having daily--even hourly--pep talks with myself. I can do it. I can do it. I will do it.


  • I will find a job in the next 4 weeks
  • I will choose a paint color for my new bedroom (and the rest of the house)
  • I will call friends and let them know what's going on
  • I will take the time to sit down and talk with my mom about our business ideas
  • I will then do the business ideas, even in the midst of the move
  • I will keep promises to friends and family
  • I will pack only what is necessary for the move
  • I will coordinate setting up utilities, forwarding mail, deep-cleaning the house, and finding a good doctor/vet/beautician
  • I will have fun planning a house-warming party
  • I will not panic!

No comments: