Pages

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Picking up speed

I am taking a break from work for just a minute to update my blog. I probably shouldn't be doing this, but my brain is all fuzzy from concentrating on my current marketing work-in-progress, so I need a break.

That being said ...

I've decided on a name for my new official business and have just registered for a MySpace account again. I haven't done MySpace since late last spring, because I found it a waste of time, but the amazing power of that online community is undeniable for my targe demographic of 18-35 year-old indie and/or vintage minded young adults (not to mention the free "toot your own horn" PR for a newbie business!).

I also posted my first Craig's List ad for a vintage Bakelite bangle I have for sale.

Yesterday, I updated my antique mall display case and filled it with vintage bangles, a couple of vintage plastic bead necklaces, and vintage purses.

I fully intend to handcraft my Ruby Red line of cards and sell those, too.

All in all, it feels uber-good to be taking these newest baby steps toward boutique-shop ownership.

No comments: