Pages

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Tired

I'm tired. The 1-hr commute is just KILLING me! I get home and have no desire to much of anything but collapse on the couch or go to bed early.

This is not to say that I'm not enjoying The New Job. I actually have begun to feel like an operating part of the team. It's nice not to have to ask my manager "what can I do??" every 30 minutes or so.

I've already learned much about Photoshop that didn't know before, and a few more shortcuts in Quark. Yay, for shortcut keys!!

As for Ruby Red, I feel like it is still there, but almost more of a dream than it was before. I plan on registering my business name and domain name soon, but beyond that I don't think it will be easy to start-up this year. This is discouraging, but not stopping me from trying to continue.

In the meantime, one thing my hour-long commute has done for me is to give me time to relax while listening to the radio, or listen to suspense novels on tape, or continue to play my favorite unconscious "spot the funny sign game". I have already seen two more signs to add to my collection. In fact, it has become such a habit for me, and sort of a stress-reliever, that I'm seriously considering starting a new blog devoted just to my signs.

I'll keep you updated.

No comments: