Pages

Friday, April 06, 2007

MOVING DAY

This Easter weekend, I move in with my new roommate.

I have boxes stacked in my house, yard sale stuff assembled in the living room and waiting to be moved out tomorrow morning into the brisk air (of all weekend for it to only be in the 40's!).

Tonight, I'll transfer as much stuff as possible over to my new master bedroom. I've never had a master bath before, so this will be nice. And I'll do a few loads of laundry. Oh, bliss!!! To not have to endure the humiliation of the public laundromat or begging laundry privileges off of friends any longer! We have a washer and dryer in the apartment!!!

My commute will be a mere 10 minutes shorter, but that is 10 minutes I don't have to be in traffic on I-24. Have I mentioned my distaste for I-24 during rush hour?

On non-rush hour drives, however, the difference will be amazing. Drive time to Nashville will be minimal, and I am equally close to shopping, restaurants, and ... STARBUCKS!

Yeah, I guess I'm quite happy. I'm keeping my expenses about the same (thank you God) and my new roommate is pleasant, and doesn't mind my dog! Can't ask for much more.

Now to work on asking for that raise I so deserve ...

No comments: