Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Life: A Random Blog About My Weekend

 HEALTH & EXERCISE
I ran for 25 minutes straight on Sunday and it felt glorious. I was pouring sweat (thank goodness for my new sweat-wicking top and the hand towel I brought with me to the gym!), but it was a huge achievement to do something I have NEVER done in my ENTIRE life. At 30, I'm now capable of doing something I didn't do when I was 12. Pretty stinkin' amazing if you ask me. Apparently, 4.2 on the treadmill is my stride/tempo. Usually, either my lungs or my legs give out around 10 minutes, but this time both worked just fine and I ignored the little voice in my head that wanted to stop for a while and walk instead. I ignored the fatigue in my legs and worked on improving my upper form. Something about pumping my arms and standing straighter helps ... maybe a physical therapist or personal trainer could tell me why, but for now I'm glad to just know I CAN DO IT. I have two weeks left in the Couch-to-5k program, and just over two weeks until my first 5k in the Germantown neighborhood of Nashville. I hope my husband will be able to finish strong, too. A nasty cold or allergies or both has had him pretty run down this past weekend. Hope I don't come down with it!

In addition to running, I've started adding weight training and some cross-training type aerobic exercises on my "off" running days. Looking forward to feeling strong enough to try a Zumba or step class to shake things up, and also some yoga and Pilates to keep me lean and flexible. I'm so looking forward to reclaiming my real size me ... hopefully by this time next year I will be strong, and lean, and healthy, and full of life! (And fitting into clothing that I love, instead of trying to find something that fits? I hope!)

FRIENDS & HEALTHY LIVING

I have several friends who are right there alongside me in the journey to better health. It's wonderful to hear their good news and work through the challenges together. I look forward to being next to them at the upcoming 5k!

FRIENDS & WEDDINGS
One of my best friends came home with a sparkly addition to her left hand. Yay! Another pretty wedding to look forward to next year! October brings the close to this year's wedding season for my group of friends. Very excited about attending the upcoming outdoor fall wedding in a couple of weeks (same day as the 5k, actually) to watch a wonderful couple unite in marriage in the same area of the park in which my own husband and I got engaged last year.

FAMILY & FRIENDS & BABIES
Before you jump to conclusions ... No, not us. Trust me. When it's our news, you'll hear about it!  I just have many people I know and love (or people they know and love) who will be welcoming little ones into their lives within the next year. It is so wonderful to hear their great news! I can't wait to meet these precious new persons who are coming to a home near you in Fall 2010 and Winter/Spring 2011.

HOME
My home is my palace. I love, love, love our little condo. It's a townhouse and I am enjoying every minute of fixing it up and making it ours. Our landlord is great and the location is great, and even the neighbors are great (and quiet!). All in all, a pretty sweet deal. We're 15-20 minutes from almost every amazing Nashville neighborhood, including downtown, Hillsboro Village, West End, Green Hills, The Gulch, 12 South, and Belle Meade, and only 30 minutes from Brentwood/Franklin. The only location downside is we are a sad 50 minutes from my friends in Murfreesboro, and at least 1 1/2 hours from any family. *pout* :-( I miss them.

I've chosen paint, and scoured Craiglist to claim some amazing finds. My latest? 65 pictures frames of many different sizes, some with mats, and some brand new, for only ... drum roll please ... $30. That's .50 cents a piece. .50 cents. You can't even get a decent frame at Goodwill for that much. SCORE.

Slowly, the house is shaping into our home. I worked on unpacking and sorting in the craft room yesterday, and I'm looking forward to getting rid of the last 10-12 boxes that reside against the far wall of our dining room. I also look forward to hanging art and photos in my "new" picture frames ... and then inviting our friends to an open house near the end of October.

I enjoy setting up house. I love nesting. Which reminds me ... I also love marriage.

LOVE & MARRIAGE
I don't brag on my husband nearly enough on this little blog. Daniel, if you're reading this ... you're my world. I love you. Thanks for putting up with my quirks and anxieties and strong opinions on decorating and whether or not to iron a shirt (or choice in movies!), and for being my biggest fan and encourager during my weight-loss and health-gain journey. You're the best.

GOD
Through the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the here and there of life, one thing has been constant: God's presence and control. It is so amazing to know that He is over all that is this life of mine. Even when I feel like things are spiraling out my control, they are never out of His. I stand amazed. And humbled.

No comments: