Pages

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Knoxville, TN

Question: Who would even try to push or pull this big red guy?

"The Strip" on Cumberland, right next to the University of Tennessee.

Yes, I was driving when I took this. But I wasn't looking through the view finder, thank you very much! Note the orange and white checkerboard on the side of Rocky Top Books.

Self Explanatory, no? (Knoxville was the home of the 1982 World's Fair)


The Sunsphere, main structure of World's Fair Park.

I don't know anything about it, but it's pretty in the light of the setting sun, don't you think?

The sign for a store in a strip mall. Can you find the error?

I don't know which part of me is irritated by this more: the graphic designer or the journalist. Either way, it's wrong! Come on, people. We see ampersands every day! It should have been fairly obvious it was hung backwards. And why don't they fix it? Grrrr.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Oooo!! I miss Knoxville. (even though I was just there for Christmas). Good pics!