Pages

Friday, January 06, 2006

things that make me happy on a gray day

  • letters/emails from friends
  • blue M & M's
  • suspense novels
  • sunbeams streaming through the clouds
  • freshly sharpened pencils
  • singing hymns at the top of my lungs
  • the crunch! sound the first bite into an apple makes
  • a great pair of shoes ... on sale
  • any verse from the book of Isaiah
  • upbeat acoustic singer-songwriters
  • red front doors
  • my dog, Zoe, when she greets me at the backyard gate
  • silly movie quotes (who can finish this one: "no more rhymes ... and I mean it!")
  • belly laughs
  • the smell of a good cup of coffee
  • ironic signs along a road
  • pajamas, a fleece blanket, a pillow to hug, and a comfy couch
  • shiny black Yamaha baby grands (and even better, playing one!)
  • my church
  • baking coconut macaroons
  • looking through old photos
  • and, if it snows ... making snowmen and snow angels.

3 comments:

Admin said...

I think that some of the movie quotes that I have posted might cheer you up.

Kathy said...

Ooohhh, I know! I know! Princess Bride... "Anybody want a peanut?" Classic!

Andrea said...

Yes!