Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Weird Dream

So I had a dream last night that I had to go back for one last test to prove that I had remembered everything I learned in high school.

"But I graduated from college! Doesn't that count?" I whined.

Alas, I still went to the testing site, where I was led down into an ancient cavern. The "floor" of this cavern was covered in about six feet of slimey, gooey, disgusting black-brown bogginess. My test, it turns out, was to strain this bog of vegetation, trash, and, are you ready for this?, dinosaur skeletons. Dozens of them.

Next, I had to clear an enormous field by hand and plant corn in it. By the time I had (miraculously) finished my two impossible tasks the sun was setting and I realized, with horror, that I had never shown up at my first day at work for the job I had just gotten the day before!

Well. I don't normally publish my bizarre dreams so others can poke and prod about my brain and its subconscious endeavors to sort out my life, but I don't think I need a shrink to figure this one out. How does this sound:

1. I'm stressing out about my lack of income and my job hunt to support myself and my baby business. (Being unable to show up for work due to unusual circumstances).

2. I feel like my graphic design education has failed me and pulled me down into a dirty, nasty mess (hence the archaic dinosaurs and the bog).

3. I'm scared my future design employer will not think I have what it takes. (The test after college for basic skills).

What do you think? Maybe I should just scrap the stationery business idea and go into the interpretation of dreams biz.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you nailed that dream analysis nicely, Dr. Freud. :-)