Pages

Monday, April 18, 2005

The Phone Call

I was driving in town today; running errands, paying bills, etc. I picked up a map of the city I'm applying for jobs at now, so I could do some studying of the major streets and traffic patterns, and then I headed home.

I had forgotten my cell phone, so it wasn't until I got back that I found out that I had gotten a phone call from a potential employer. Talk about fast! I had only emailed my resume to them this morning. It's a layout/design job for a real estate publication. Nothing glamorous, but that's OK. I don't want glamorous. I want a salary, and benefits, and vacation time (so I can attend NSS next year, hopefully!).

I called back, and got the receptionist. My contact was in a meeting. So now I'm on pins and needles, hoping for the best, anticipating the worst. It would be great to continue working in my field, but I'm still nervous about it. I'll call again tomorrow morning, and if I get asked in to an interview, I'm going to have to drive 2 hours to get there.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch (so to speak), today was the last day for the library job application. I hope to hear from their HR department within the next week.

Whatever happens, time's a-tickin' away. In a mere 3 weeks, my family and I are moving into our new home. Maybe I'll have a new job by then, too! Maybe.

No comments: