Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

strawberry is NOT vanilla

The interview went well, I think. A few hours afterward I got a call from the guy I interviewed with asking me to come back for a second interview with his employers tomorrow. It's at 2:00.

I am really getting to know this city. I've already been to the library twice, and circled around downtown trying to find a parking meter that is opened. I braved a parallel park today, pulled it off perfectly, and was very pleased with myself. Now to learn which streets are one-way, which have construction, and which will be full to over-flowing during football season when a certain very popular college team begins playing again.

On the way home, I celebrated by buying a small McDonald's vanilla milkshake. As I pulled back onto the highway to drive into my town, I sipped at my shake and mused, "hmm. They must have just served a strawberry shake before I got mine. I taste strawberry."

As it turns out, there was a reason it tasted strawberry. It WAS strawberry. And I have to be really, really in the mood to buy strawberry. I wasn't. It was. I was dissapointed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck at these interviews - sounds like things are picking up for you!