Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2005

suddenly, my life is feeling different

It hit me Friday that, in exactly one week, I will be writing this blog in another house. Except for some random papers and clothing that needs to be put in the wash, I'm packed. Really. My room is soooo empty right now! Just furniture and a few paper business things I couldn't live without.

So, for the second time within the span of three months, I am moving AGAIN. I will probably be staying with my parents in their new home for at least the next 6 months or so, but we'll see. I'm done trying to predict the future.

Speaking of future, I just read the weirdest "true story" I've come across in a very long time. I should preface the link I'm about to post by saying that I am a writer, as well as a stationery business girl. I have been writing since about first grade. I don't often write science fiction, but I just happened to recently, and it dawned on me that if I wanted to submit that story to a magazine, I'd better make sure my "science" in the fiction is accurate, or at least passable for something remotely possible. So, since my story is about the affects of time being warped, I thought I'd do some research and see what others had to say about so-called "time waves," "time fields," and "time shields." To my (silly) astonishment, there *was* stuff out there with my ideas in it. What??!! You mean I'm not 100% unique in musing about time and how it might (not) work?

Stuff like this: http://johntitor.strategicbrains.com/TimeMachine.cfm.

I'm not sure whether to laugh, cry, or sit dumbfounded that, from all appearences on the website, a conversation with a supposed time-traveler from almost thirty years in the future is actually being taken seriously. I mean, I consider myself as open-minded to unusual facts of science as the next person, but come on, people …

So, back to the present.

Monday, I start work at The New Job. I'm excited and nervous, all rolled into one.

Tuesday, my parents have the final walk-through at our new house. My Little Brother goes to work.

Wednesday, my mom is driving out to my old college town to pick up my brother (the middle child) from his apartment so he can help us move. Middle Brother is 3 1/2 years younger than me, yet he is 75% through his Grad School training in Aeronautical Education. He is already a certified flight instructor with several students. He's looking for a job with a regional airline. I am in awe of my genius Middle Brother, and occasionally jealous. But I love him, and we're pretty close, and I haven't seen him since my last move, so I kinda miss him. (We shared a 2-bedroom apartment in college).

Thursday, the Guy From New Jersey who is buying our house has *his* walk-through. That evening, we will pack the moving truck, sleep on inflatable mattresses, and eat who knows what! (OK, probably pizza if my brothers have anything to say about it).

Friday, I have the day off so I can help with the move. I think I am going to end up the keeper of the animals, as we and our pets are going to be in house limbo in between closings. I will probably drive to the new house with them and try to keep the cats in the shade and my dog happy. After closing on our new home, I expect we will unpack what we can from the moving truck and either install our new refrigerator (if we have it delivered), or go buy one.

Saturday, Little Brother goes to work again, and Middle Brother drives home in his "new" car. Middle Brother's current car is what some would call a boat, otherwise known as a 1985 Mercury Grand Marquis. It has ceased to be able to drive above 55 MPH, creating some difficulty driving on any highway! He will now be the proud owner of my father's Honda Civic, which is significantly younger and in much better driving condition. (I suspect the gift of a car was my parent's bribe to get him to help us move. LOL!)

Sunday. I have no clue what will happen Sunday. We will all probably either be too exhausted to move from our (newly set-up) beds, or perhaps brave visiting a local church. We'll see.

No comments: